Following on from research about a new and contemporary Chinese restaurant in the heart of London, I have completed further extended research that enables me to work in the style of working brands, minimalistic and inventive logo design and new and unique restaurant experiences that acquire the same target audience as myself. I have decided to research thoroughly into Chinese Fonts, the different styles and genres of fonts and the way these impact the reader. I have then developed a contextual and creative process of working from inspiration of designers and studios to create my own new logo for the new branding effort. Here is the work created in my final presentation document:
I have developed further work surrounding my recent studio project Imminent Self. Working on feedback from tutors as well as looking at the direction I want to take my project, I am now developing previous work to hopefully come up with a concept idea. Developing from Photography from before, I have now decided to look at the work of Deutsche & Japaner who create more ambiguous work based on personal items that relate well to imminent self. This inspired me to take more different photos, looking at ideas that would only be able to be associated with my friend Niamh. I also looked more into this idea of VCR recordings and disposable cameras and how these relate to much to myself and my childhood; being one of the most personal ways we used to document celebrated events. This then inspired me to try to edit the pictures in this glitch and vintage manner by which would relate to this very personal way of documenting work. There is a real trend at the ...
In my third Process and Production tutorial I had a play-around on Adobe After effects. We started by looking at motion graphics and inspiration; I was fascinated by the actual impact of motion graphics and how much it actually plays a part in advertising a brand. I was also shocked at the outcomes you could create through motion graphics; at first I wasn't particularly interested in the topic but now I feel like I could research and look into in the subject more. One of my favourite motion graphic example is the advertisement for the new iPhone 7 by which varied techniques within After Effects are used to advertise this product. Apple – iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in 107 seconds from Videolog on Vimeo . So we started by looking at Standard Television Definition and after choosing a free music clip online started creating frames within our After Effects Document that enabled us to create a simultaneous movement throughout the clip. The end result was a v...